The Information Resource Center
The Information Resource Center (IRC) is located at the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok and is a specialized reference and research facility. Their goal is to provide the public with free, comprehensive, and authoritative information on the United States, its people and its policies.
- American politics and government
- Foreign affairs and defense
- Economics and trade
- Education and culture
- Global issues (such as narcotics, human rights and the environment, etc.)
Staffed by information professionals and reference specialists and equipped with modern information technologies, they can help retrieve information for you efficiently and effectively.
Focusing on U.S.-Asian relations, U.S. politics, and general information about the United States, the IRC collection includes:
- 700 books and CD-ROMs
- 70+ American periodicals and newspapers
- 15+ online databases, including Lexis-Nexis, Factiva, ProQuest and EbscoHost
- Access to full texts of 5,000+ periodicals and reports online, 10,000+ news publications and wire services, current U.S. legislation, etc.
- U.S. Government documents
- The Internet
IRC Bangkok's list of books and multimedia collection is now available online for your view wherever you are! Whether you're looking for a traditional book, an audio or e-Book, or a DVD, see if IRC has it at the IRC online catalogue today.
Information queries may be submitted to them by phone, fax, mail, and e-mail. You are also welcome to visit them by appointment for personal assistance with research.
Note: The IRC can not answer questions about visas. For visa information, please visit Visa Section Website.